Light in August

JPetersonlhi at aol.com JPetersonlhi at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 08:15:34 EST 2006

I have three distinct versions of this number 88, and only two places to
classify them
(88.5 & 88.6)

Version #1 is clearly 88.5: Intro Rovere, 444 pages in text, catalogue of
regulars in back
    DJ is Yellow/Black, 408 titles inside (Spr,'62)

Version #2 has no intro, 444 pages in text, no catalogue in back, inside the
generic white DJ dates to Fall, '63   (Ellison, no Malamud), and a 1950
copyright on back of title page

Version #3 has no intro, 480 pages in text, catalogue of regulars and giants
in back, dating to Fall, '65 (Mann, Confessions of but no Mann, Faustus), and
a 1959 copyright renewed statement on back of title page.

Both Versions 2 & 3 are #11 spines

My question is:  which of versions 2 and 3 is 88.6, and what is the other
one?  Should there be three versions?

John Peterson