Pynchon

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Feb 28 21:59:45 EST 2006

I have both, and it's true.

One says:  FIRST MODERN LIBRARY EDITION | September, 1966  in an 11
binding with kent endpapers in  an "m" jacket (blank inverse)
The other: FIRST MODERN LIBRARY EDITION, September, 1966 in a 13
binding with blank endpapers in an "n" jacket "Modern Fiction" (blank
inverse)

The artwork on the front & spine of the DJ are identical.

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:41 PM, Mark Braley wrote:

> Apparently there may have been two releases of the modern library
> edition in 1966, one that actually states: First Modern Library
> Edition and the other which states: Modern Library Edition
> September, 1966.  I am trying to confirm whether this is actually
> the case.  Mark
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Holl" <modlib at alltel.net>

Join Dogeared for access to thousands of ML images and tons of
members-only info!
http://www.dogeared.com/General/howToSubscribe.html