Would a list of 1928/29 Transitionals be helpful?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Feb 22 00:13:23 EST 2006

On Feb 21, 2006, at 7:48 PM, JPetersonlhi at aol.com wrote:

> I think it would be helpful to get a picture of which of the 150 or
> so titles were bound in the transitional binding.  My (uneducated)
> guess is that a lot of them weren't.

I suspect that you're right. The transitional bindings were only used
for three months (January-March 1929), and there were just six 1st
printings in transitional. (See Barry Neavill's one-message thread
"Transitional binding" in June 2002).

>  I suppose a picture might also emerge, in time, of which titles
> are more common in the transitional binding and which more rare.

I'd hope that there were at least a few dozen to make it an
interesting collecting area.

What do others think?

- Scot Kamins
"Speak your truth, even as your voice quakes."