Would a list of 1928/29 Transitionals be helpful?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Feb 21 18:48:31 EST 2006

Folks,
The other day I received some entries for the Buckrams Extant list
from Darrell Johnson (for which I thank him). Attached to that e-mail
was the following comment:

> You Have a short peice on transitional bindings; I think you should
> start a similar list list for those.  I Have:
>
> Free and other Stories; Theodore Dreiser
> Sallambo; August Flaubert; First Modern Library Edition 1929
> Up Stream: Ludwig Lewisohn
> Death of the God's; Dmitri Merejkoski; 2 copies First Modern
> Library Edition (Both)
> Tristam Shandy; Laurence Sterne
> An Outline of Abnormal Psychology; Gardner Murphy; First Modern
> Library Edition

What do others think? Is this a good idea - would it help folks for
their research/collections?

If so, what form should the list take? I assume it would be attached
to the Transitions page
  (http://www.dogeared.com/Identifiers/transBind.html)
or be made a part of the FAQ on the topic
(http://www.dogeared.com/FAQpages/bindingsFAQ/faqTransitional.html)

As usual, this would be successful only if people sent me lists of
the transitionals in their collections.

- Scot kamins
"What if this weren't a hypothetical question?"