Philosophy books

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Feb 13 12:15:37 EST 2006

Hi Michael,

On Feb 13, 2006, at 7:08 AM, Michael Gowan wrote:

> What philosophy titles do you think are the hardest to find? Has
> anyone else made this a theme for collecting?

Your question sent me to the Philosophy section of the Dogeared Genre
page:

http://www.dogeared.com/Identifiers/titleIndexCats.html#Anchor-
Philosophy-48213

I looked to see what the earlier titles were, perhaps in Boni-
Liveright or at least pre-1939, and saw these immediately:

Beyond Good and Evil - Nietzsche
Ecce Homo and The Birth of Tragedy - Nietzsche
Genealogy of Morals - Nietzsche

All of these were puplished until 1936  and then were dropped.
They're tough to find in DJ.

Also:
Evolution in Modern Thought - Misc  (certain sections)

Hope this helps,

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price
of chains and slavery?" -- Patrick Henry