Searchable Archives Now Available Through January 2006

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sun Feb 12 21:32:43 EST 2006

Folks,

Ron Holl and I have completed work converting the archives to a
searchable form. All archives from the beginning (March 2001) though
January 2006 are available. You can search on the subject field,
message content, or name of poster. Content can be displayed by
thread name -- clickable to get to the messages -- or by direct
message display with links to the complete messages. (Try it - it's
simpler and clearer than it sounds.) You can also browse all messages
a month at a time - all 4500 of them!!!

Our current intention is to update the archives just after the end of
each month: for example, February will be added sometime during early
March (depending on our schedules). We may add further search options
and other features over time.

The searchable archives currently live at Amenities
(www.mlcollect.com). They may be moved to Dogeared after Scot learns
to program, stay at Amenities, or live at both sites.

When time allows, I'll be writing up detailed information accessible
from the search page about how the searchable archives differ from
the raw archives, how to do searches (although Ron has a sone a great
job making this really simple and intuitive), and anything else
appropriate.

Enjoy!!

Scot Kamins for Scot & Ron
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security are deserving of
neither liberty nor security."
                       - after Benjamin Franklin