Totally Off-Topic: Perl Help on my Mac Needed

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Feb 10 21:16:17 EST 2006

WARNING: GEEKY REQUEST FOLLOWS

Mac Tiger Perl Programmers,

I'm trying to learn Perl so I can do new and wonderful things on
Dogeared. But I can't even make "Hello, World!" appear on the display.

I have Terminal and BBedit Lite, and Perl is on the machine. I can
make command line commands work and get results in the terminal
window (  perl -w -e 'print "Hello, World!\n";' ), but writing a
simple script to a file ( hello.pl ) produces no results.

If you are running Perl under Tiger, or you know somebody who is and
who would be willing to help me solve this most basic of all newbie
problems, please let me know off-ListServ at kamins at dogeared.com

- Scot Kamins
(who is ignorant but not stupid and is more than willing to display
the pleasing attitudes of discipleship)