Fwd: Re: Price of Giants

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Tue Feb 7 08:40:13 EST 2006

Price changes applied to the entire series, so prices were increased on older titles along with those published after the increase went into effect.  The ML put stickers with the new price on jackets of previously published books in the warehouse.  I seem to recall that price stickers may have been available to booksellers as well so that all copies in the bookstore could be marked at the new price.  This prevented confusion about the retail price on the part of customers, and it gave the bookseller a windfall profit on existing stock that had been bought at a discount based on the old price.

Barry