Matchbook reference

B.L. Clark cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 06:46:54 EST 2006

Found it.  Satterfield mentions matches in his book, and references an invoice in the Random House Collection at Columbia from the Diamond Match Co. to ML, Inc. dated 17 November 1927 and that the matchbooks have the ML trademark over the slogan "Keep A Good Book In Your Pocket".  Being an invoice, we can probably assume these were made.  So, our range on matchbooks are 1927-1943, so far.  This extends our range 6 years earlier.  Anyone have one of these early ones?  Anyone have a matchbook different than what's posted at dogeared?

  benjamin l clark