gift sets

JPetersonlhi at aol.com JPetersonlhi at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 07:53:11 EST 2006

The description from Dogeared's gift set webpage
http://www.dogeared.com/Rarities/giftSets.html :  "There were three 1929 gift sets.. ... One set was the
"Great Renaissance Romances" set pictured above with the pictorial dust jackets
except in pale red, blue, and green respectively."   I think this would mean
that the later GRR gift set should have a red Cellini, A blue Da Vinci, and a
green Michelangelo.  My '29 (balloon cloth) GRR gift set has DJs that date on
the inside to Spring '29, but the DJ colors are exactly as pictured for the
'28 gift set (blue Cellini, Green Da Vinci, and Red Michelangelo).  Perhaps they
had some of the '28 DJs left over?

John Peterson