Tono-Bungay

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Dec 27 21:08:34 EST 2006

On Dec 27, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Ron Holl wrote:

>> I hesitate to add comments to this board. I don't want
>> to say the obvious but sometimes I do, anyway.
>> Everytime I have, I have been rewarded. After our
>> notes on Upstream, I read the book and was enthralled.
>
> Hesitate?  Why?  You now have Bill, me, and probably countless
> others reading Wells along with you.

Yes, I agree. I would also add Zuleika Dobson to the list of now
obscure stuff to read - a real hoot!

I'm currently reading Crane's Maggie online in Google Books. (I don't
have a copy.) It's a genuine tragicomedy. Great stuff! Reminds me of
a late Dickens.

hhttp://tinyurl.com/u72aj

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in
private and wash your hands afterwards.
-- Robert Heinlein