Modern Library Collection for Sale

Michael Watson archetype at 20ants.com
Thu Dec 21 13:20:13 EST 2006

All,

Similar to a very common type of bid at an absolute auction: the "bid for
choice." If you're the high bid you can take as many of the items as you
want. After that, the bidding is opened again and the next winner gets the
same choice (except the best items are now gone).

I remember winning a bid for choice and taking *all* the Rookwood Pottery
vases at a small-town auction. If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

-Michael