Dostoevksy misseppling on DJ

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Dec 14 17:50:52 EST 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Gordon Neavill wrote:

> I've had this book for years and never noticed the misprint on the
> jacket!

Barry. I'd love to have this for ModernLib (along with that other one
you were going to send - hint hint!  :-D  )

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558