Dostoevksy misseppling on DJ

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Dec 14 15:51:01 EST 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 12:23 PM, Morgan, Martha G wrote:

> I'm not sure it's a question of whether to spell the
> name as Dostoyevsky or Dostoevsky, or anything involving
> the palatalized Russian e.

Heh. You're right, of course: The original question (from which we've
all strayed) is the first edition point - which spelling was used on
the first printing dust jacket of Crime and Punishment (199.1, 1932)?

"Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds."
                                    -Albert Einstein