Dostoevksy misseppling on DJ

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Dec 14 15:18:29 EST 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Bill DiBenedetto wrote:

> I'm not sure if there is a correct standard spelling in English --
> I've seen
> several different renditions by various publishers and articles,
> including
> many with an 'i' on the end.

That's my experience as well. Also, there can be no "correct"
spelling of a name translated - or actually, transliterated - from a
non-english type alphabet. Of course, it WOULD be nice if there were
some kind of consistency...

"McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag
filled with vegetable soup." - from an anonymous high school essay