Why would Random House ask for its own books???

JOSEPH HILL goodbooks at webtv.net
Mon Dec 11 01:54:01 EST 2006

How things change with time.
When I first started to collect the series, thinking I was the only person alive doing so; I wrote to Random House, asking if they had any "old" (OP)  titles in stock they would like to sell.
No, but they posted me some old price lists and order forms; I found these to be of little value and tossed them.
This is the same guy who did not "pick up" cheap B&L's,, as they did not "fit" into my growing collection. This was at the period where I was removing the DJ's so that the books would be more uniform.
I think Cerf would be amazed to witness the zeal   that goes on today..

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY