Why would Random House ask for its own books???

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Sun Dec 10 23:20:35 EST 2006

My sweetie and I both worked for publishers for years and saw this
sort of thing firsthand. Unless it's a fine press, the books are just
stuff. The publisher sends a couple of copies to the Library of
Congress and that's the extent of any serious archiving.

-Michael Watson

At 11:07 PM 12/10/2006, you wrote:

>Donald Klopfer once told me that whenever the firm moved--and RH
>moved several times--they tended to give away their file copies of
>ML books to schools. They didn't always remember to add newly
>published books to the file collection, and members of the firm
>tended to borrow books and not return them. These guys were
>publishers whose focus was *selling* books. They weren't librarians!
>
>Barry

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569
http://www.20ants.com
   books, individually and in lots. Specializing in fine press and non-fiction.
   Member of Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org
   Offering a safe bookbuying experience at
http://www.iobabooks.com/browse_books.php?id=47132