Why would Random House ask for its own books???

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Dec 10 23:07:08 EST 2006

Donald Klopfer once told me that whenever the firm moved--and RH moved several times--they tended to give away their file copies of ML books to schools. They didn't always remember to add newly published books to the file collection, and members of the firm tended to borrow books and not return them. These guys were publishers whose focus was *selling* books. They weren't librarians!

Barry