ML in the Print Media (mostly 1917 - 1933)

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Dec 7 01:23:37 EST 2006

Folks,

I hinted in a previous email that John Krygier went on an online
database search at his university library and discovered a mess of ML
ads from 1917 through 1933. He sent me the raw PDf files; I converted
them into graphics, sorted them, and analyzed them a bit. The result
is a four-page graphics-heavy article on the first 15 years of ML
advertisements. See the first pass here:

http://www.modernlib.com/Rarities/magAds.html

There's a tremendous amount of great info in these ads for serious ML
researchers!!!!

The graphics are quite dense and may take a long time to load on dial-
up: Please let me know if it takes too long.

Feedback is welcome, as are additions.

civil disobedience
n.
Refusal to obey civil laws in an effort to induce change in
governmental policy or legislation, characterized by the use of
passive resistance or other nonviolent means.