Did ML ever sell for 55 cents?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Dec 6 14:47:01 EST 2006

Folks,

Krygier send me a gazillion ads covering the years 1917 - 1933. He
could only find a couple dealing with the gift set, but he found a
large number of really interesting ones. As I've been preparing them
for a major expansion of the Advertisements feature, I noticed a
progression of prices some of which had not previously been noted.
(The progression is .60, .70, .75, .85, .95) But missing is any
mention of a 55 cent price.

I seem to remember seeing 55 cents at the bottom band on the DJ
spines of some of the earliest dust jackets. Was I too close to the
cleaning solvent bottle at the time, or can anybody confirm this
price? If so, especially helpful would be the date of the piece.

Any other prices listed anywhere - perhaps .65, .80, or .90?

Thanks,

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
can change the world.    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
   -- Margaret Mead