Type l Dust Jacket Variants

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Tue Aug 29 14:03:53 EDT 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Ron Holl wrote:

> I wonder: should we keep track of later DJ's found for titles that
> retain the first statement?  We know all about Thurber and
> Bemelmans.  But we are now finding these mid - late 60's titles
> that have similar issues.  An ISBN here... a partial band there...

Well, "partial band" DJs could have been added to a jacketless real
first book whereas ISBNs added to books that have old first edition
slugs constitute a different problem -- the former were done (I
assume) outside the factory and the latter were done at the printer's.

So I would think that the meaningful one to keep track of would be
the "factory errors."  Yes? No? Maybe?

"It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with
power tools." - from an anonymous high school essay