Interest in Modern Library declining???

JOSEPH HILL goodbooks at webtv.net
Fri Aug 25 15:05:53 EDT 2006

You will find this to be true in the whole field of book selling/collecting.. My sales are down about 25% from a year ago.
With the advent of the net, we are having a great transition. ..some good things,some bad. The reasons, good & bad are legion.
Just one small example; The Guide lists the Scribners Guide@ $75.00 in 1999. Today you can get copy for $10.00 as so many copies  have materialized in the last few years.
As to the Modern Library; the students of today  know not of the ML, as our generation knows not of the Dodo
All things have their time in the Sun, then fade into the twilight..

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY