Covering for books w/o DJs

John jwol at
Fri Aug 18 12:11:00 EDT 2006

My 2005 Broadart Library Supplies catalog offers Cler Film Rolls in 1.5 to
5-mil Ployester or 2.5-mil Polypropylene Rolls.  They are advertised for
books with no dust jackets.  A couple of the catalog #'s are:

10 609 001
10 115 010
55 179 002

They should point you in the right direction.

I considered buying a roll for my jacketless leatherettes.  If you spring,
let us know how you like them.

John Wolansky
jwol at

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-modlib at [mailto:owner-modlib at] On
Behalf Of jpetersonlhi at
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 7:49 AM
To: modlib at
Subject: Covering for books w/o DJs

In bookstores I've seen some books that are without dustjackets that have a
clear mylar covering.  These covers are actually just a rectangle, more
stiff that the usual brodart DJ covering, that has been creased at the
appropriate places.  Does anyone have a source for this material and a name?
Looking at the Brodart website, I wasn't able to spot anything like it.


John Peterson

John D. Peterson

More information about the ModLib mailing list