QUESTION ABOUT TEMINOLOGY

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Thu Aug 17 22:47:57 EDT 2006

There are publishers whose first printings can be distinguished by the absence of references to later printings, but the Illustrated Modern Library isn't among them.  All printings of all Illustrated Modern Library books can be described as NAP.

The first printing of the Illustrated Pickwick Papers can be identified by the imprint "Modern Library" on the title page and spine.  Subsequent printings bore the imprint "Illustrated Modern Library."  This also applies to the other four Illustrated ML titles published in fall 1943.

Barry