Time Of Man

B.L. Clark cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 20:39:23 EDT 2006

Great question Barry!  I've always assumed they were hand-stamped, but don't have one and have never seen a few side-by-side to compare.  Ooooh, what if there is more than one style of stamp to be found?  (Bwah-ha ha ha, bring me more variations!)  I like the "unscrupulous bookdealer" theory as to why the stamp(s) were used, but the stamp may have been a marketing ploy too.  Like "Last Chance Ever to BUY NOW!!" signage that will greet you at any store that is dumping inventory for the fall arrivals.  Popping into my wife's store today, I had to climb over a couple of these signs and it made me think of this possibility.  We may have part of our answer in that ML seemed to have only used the stamp for one season.  Right?

  benj

   I still find the whole thing puzzling.

Barry