Time Of Man

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Tue Aug 15 19:26:57 EDT 2006

I don't know whether the DISCONTINUED TITLE statement was printed or hand stamped on the jacket.  It's supposed to look like it was hand stamped.  If we had several jackets to compare side-by-side we could see if the statement
appears in precisely the same position on each.

Even if printed, there's still the expense of re-jacketing each copy to be sold as a remainder, and this would have to be done by hand.  Labor was cheap in the 1930s, but I still find the whole thing puzzling.

Barry