Time Of Man

J B Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Tue Aug 15 07:33:55 EDT 2006

On Aug 14, 2006, at 10:37 PM, Gordon Neavill wrote:

> The Time of Man was published in April 1935 in a first (and only)
> printing of 5,000 copies and discontinued at the end of 1938.  Like
> The Great Gatsby, there was a second printing of the jacket in fall
> 1939 that was used on remaindered copies of the first printing.

I am curious why there was a second printing of the dust jacket.

I thought the ML for the most part printed, bound, and jacketed
books at the same time - thus the number of titles inside the
jacket matches the catalog in the book (if there is one) and the
binding style of the time.

Maybe the ML wanted an up-to-date catalog on the remaindered
titles jackets?

jk