Time Of Man

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Mon Aug 14 22:37:07 EDT 2006

Mark,

The Time of Man was published in April 1935 in a first (and only) printing of 5,000 copies and discontinued at the end of 1938.  Like The Great Gatsby, there was a second printing of the jacket in fall 1939 that was used on remaindered copies of the first printing.  All the copies of the fall 1939 jacket I've seen are stamped DISCONTINUED TITLE.  I'd be interested to know if your fall 1939 jacket listing 268 titles lacks this.

Barry