Do both Olmsted jackets exist?

JOSEPH HILL goodbooks at webtv.net
Sun Aug 6 19:48:19 EDT 2006

The copy on the left....

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY

-----Original Message-----
From: Scot Kamins
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2006 3:49 PM
To: ML ListServ
Subject: Do both Olmsted jackets exist?

Folks,

Young upstart johnny-come-lately ML beginner Ron Holl suggests that
the Olmsted DJ with the tan background on ModernLib is a scanning
error. He had submitted on with a gray background, claiming it to be
the One True Olmsted.

I long ago sold my Olmsted, the source of the original tan scan. Help
that whippersnapper in his place: Would others with copies of The
Cotton Kingdom please weigh in: What color is the background of your
copy?

Both images are available here:

http://www.modernlib.com/authors/oAuthors/olmsteadJackets.html

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price
of chains and slavery?" -- Patrick Henry