What makes them more valuable?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sat Aug 5 15:47:36 EDT 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 7:34 PM, JOSEPH HILL wrote:

> The quick short answer to your question,DEMAND..

Right. Let's not be simplistic, Joe - this isn't Economics 101. The
obvious question is what drives the demand.

In general, collectors want first editions generally driving up the
price of these. Auden's Second Edition is still a first printing of a
different selection. But what of the others?

I can see the binding being an issue -- that is, a second printing of
a very short run in a different binding. What other conditions make
these titles worth more in later printings?