What makes them more valuable?

John jwol at fast.net
Sat Aug 5 15:19:23 EDT 2006

For Gissing through Wilde, I expect because they were available in binding 8
for only two or so years, but had been available for many years as flexi's.
Although I have every one of these in a jacket in flexi binding, the only
hardcover I have is Hart's War in Outline.  So, the hardcovers are scarcer.

As for the first, I guess the same explanation applies.  The initial
publication of Auden ran for eleven years, but the "second" edition was
released in 1970, with an ISBN number, too.

John Wolansky