Another ML Author Dies...

pecksgrove at aol.com pecksgrove at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 09:00:08 EDT 2006

Life and death was an amazing book.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Buckingham <mdbuckingham at msn.com>
To: modlib at algol.owu.edu
Sent: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:43:59 -0700
Subject: Re: Another ML Author Dies...

Jane Jacobs was a national treasure, whether today's urban planners recognize it or not. I was fortunate enough a few years ago to obtain an ML first of The Death and Life of Great American Cities which the author had signed and dated "Mar. 1970 - Toronto," where she apparently lived. The book is still a delight to read, and I was pleased to see her description of the "ballet" on Hudson Street included in a Library of America anthology of writing on New York.

Matt B.
=