Another ML Author Dies...

Matthew Buckingham mdbuckingham at msn.com
Wed Apr 26 03:43:59 EDT 2006

Jane Jacobs was a national treasure, whether today's urban planners recognize it or not. I was fortunate enough a few years ago to obtain an ML first of The Death and Life of Great American Cities which the author had signed and dated "Mar. 1970 - Toronto," where she apparently lived. The book is still a delight to read, and I was pleased to see her description of the "ballet" on Hudson Street included in a Library of America anthology of writing on New York.

Matt B.