Cat Project: Incomplete First Pass is Up

Bill DiBenedetto billdi at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 30 12:45:21 EDT 2005

> Also, I felt the need for a English Literature
> Section.. someplace for Boswell/Johnson and Pepys (and
> many others). Could do Russian literature too.  The
> novel, short story, poetry sections are so long,
> additional breakdowns or classifications would be
> advisable. (Yes, I was an English major)

i confess i was also an English major (but am not a librarian) -- I agree
with Clare with about the advisability of additional breakdowns within
classification, but i also fear that it might be getting a tad too
complicated.

> I'm pretty sure Lust for Life is fiction. Of course,
> it's biographical fiction, so it is a judgment call as
> to whether it belongs in biography. I am old school,
> so I tend to say no.

I agree. Lust for Life is fiction, not biography  (also Vidal's Julian and
Graves's I Claudius, which are rightly not in biography) -- maybe a
subcategory for Historical Fiction?

My opinion on the Elizabethan World Picture is that it is History.

bill
206-491-0296 (wk)
206-963-0499 (personal)