Cat Project: Incomplete First Pass is Up

Clare Imholtz muldoone99 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 12:18:24 EDT 2005

Hi Scot,

What a huge job this is!  You definitely have the
advantage of having read these books, while for many
of them I have only vague impressions.

I've only had time to look rather quickly at the top
of the list, so forgive errors of omission and
commission.

I'm pretty sure Lust for Life is fiction. Of course,
it's biographical fiction, so it is a judgment call as
to whether it belongs in biography. I am old school,
so I tend to say no.

Anthropology strikes me wrong for Elizabethan World
Picture. But I haven't read it, so what do I know...!

How about a Travel / Voyages / Adventures section,
something like that?

Also, I felt the need for a English Literature
Section.. someplace for Boswell/Johnson and Pepys (and
many others). Could do Russian literature too.  The
novel, short story, poetry sections are so long,
additional breakdowns or classifications would be
advisable. (Yes, I was an English major)

Did you consider taking a look at the Dewey Decimal
system, and see how difficult titles have been
classified in it? (I admit I am a librarian, too.)

Best,

Clare