Would an Index to Titles by Genre be helpful?

JPetersonlhi at aol.com JPetersonlhi at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 18:36:07 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/26/2005 8:05:39 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
kamins at dogeared.com writes:
I've been thinking that there are those folks who collect and classify MLs by
genre - philosophy, art, short story, novel, and so on. It also occurs to me
that some titles are so obscure that folks don't know what genre they belong
to.

Would it be helpful if Dogeared had a breakdown of titles by genre?

I could get a good start on this, but I'd need input and likely correction
from folks as I built the catalog.

What do you think? Is this something you'd like to see? It might be
especially useful for people (like me) who read what they collect.
I think this would be especially helpful when bookhunting.  Many of the best
stores I visit don't shelve MLs together, but by genre.

John Peterson