ANSWER TO WHAT'S UP WITH THESE GIANTS

John jwol at fast.net
Sun Sep 25 16:20:53 EDT 2005

I thought I would be able to scoop the members, but the old pros
(figuratively speaking) had the answers.

Sharon correctly identified the pirated copy of War and Peace, although this
copy has none of the Asian writing that has been observed on other cloned
copies.

Gordon correctly identified the Random House copy of Wisdom that was wrapped
in an enlarged ML jacket.  The book does have the 1949 copyright date he
suggested, and it also states "Second Printing".

It was really strange when I spied the Wisdom on a bookshelf.  Ever look at
something that is not quite right, trying to figure out what you are looking
at?

I sent photos of the books in different poses to Scott.

John Wolansky