What's Up With These Giants?

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sat Sep 24 17:36:37 EDT 2005

I assume that Wisdom of Catholicism is original 1949 Random
House edition in a specially printed jacket.  The MLG edition
published in 1955 is in the standard Giants format.  Random
House must have had unjacketed copies of the original edition
they wanted to sell and used the MLG jacket plates to print a
larger jacket to fit the book.

Joe Hill sold me a copy of the RH edition of An Anthology of
Famous British Stories similarly attired in an oversize MLG
jacket.

Barry