REDUX: Permabound

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Sep 20 00:55:22 EDT 2005

> \

Folks,

Just found this that confirms my suspicions:

"OCLC has added Perma-Bound as a new PromptCat vendor. Perma-Bound
serves K-12 schools and libraries, offering more than 43,000 titles
from 400 publishers. Nearly all of the titles are pre-bound in Perma-
Bounds patented bindings, renowned for their durability and
recognized by the Library Binding Institute. The companys corporate
offices are located in Jacksonville, Illinois, with additional
facilities in Willowdale, Ontario, and 130 sales representatives
located in the 50 states and abroad."

So there you go. Paperbacks made into hardbacks for libraries and
schools -- like ruggedized buckrams I guess.