Collecting ML College Paperbacks (was Re: PAPERBACK COLOR VARIATIONS)

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Sep 19 17:38:18 EDT 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 1:37 PM, sandjtilley at comcast.net wrote:

> Would like to raise the issue of seeing the 85 issues with the
> woodcuts on Dogeared dust jacket pages.

I really dislike the perfect-bound, non-numbered issues. That's why I
originally conceived Dogeared as dealing with sewn bindings and
numbered spines. As it says on the Dogeared Home page:

"Welcome to Collecting the Modern Library, your first Internet stop
for information, discussion, and leads on all aspects of collecting
books published in the Modern Library series 1917 - 1970."

I make exception to the sewn bindings rule for the numbered paperback
series; except for the first year of its existence (1955), the
bindings were perfect-bound rather than sewn.

But Ron Holl may make room for them on his soon-to-be-published ML
website if you ask him nicely.  :-D  How about it, Ron?

Scot "Arbitrary and Capricious" Kamins