Collecting ML College Paperbacks (was Re: PAPERBACK COLOR VARIATIONS)

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Sep 19 15:11:41 EDT 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Bill DiBenedetto wrote:

> I also have about 10 or so ML paperback college editions that i
> value highly
> for a variety of personal and mainly nostalgic reasons, but i
> notice that we
> pay no attention to them and wonder why that is. Ok they are cheap
> and the
> covers are distinctly uninteresting, but they are sturdy and make
> great
> reading copies. (They are also good to carry around when traveling,
> rather
> than precious hardback editions.) If anyone wants to get rid of those
> particular paperbacks, let me know.

Bill,
Yours is only the second or third time in my dozen or so years of
collecting that the topic of ML college editions has come up. I have
zero evidence that anybody collects them as a genre (as opposed to
keeping the few they have for sentimental reasons).

Because of this, as well as the fact their covers are uniformly
boring, I don't keep them on Dogeared.

Does anybody else on this ListServ of about 130 people collect them?

Does a list of titles for the series exist?