PAPERBACK COLOR VARIATIONS

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Sep 19 11:37:17 EDT 2005

Hi John,

> Scott, I picked up a copy of Vanity Fair, P9, this weekend and
> recalled your
> eMail on colors.  I just checked my copy against your database and,
> surprise, mine has a color combination different from the one you
> have on
> your site.  My first with 10 copies on the back cover is blue and
> red, like
> the one you show. The new one, with 34 titles on the back, has a
> red block
> behind the title and the horizontal stripes are yellow.  There is
> no fading
> on my copies.  eMail if you want a pic.

Thanks for the offer, but I think these aren't useful for the
database. (Ron Holl has also found a batch of paperback color
variations.) It would appear that color variations in paperbacks are
as common as color variations on the "B"-type DJ's of the 1930's.
They evidently have no meaning and therefore aren't really useful
variations.

> Have you noticed all your eMails get "bounced" through the list serve
> administrator?  Is that by design or is John reviewing them to
> insure the
> content is suitable for family viewing? ;-)

Heh. No, I suspect it's something else. Here are two reasons that
mail would get bounced (at least I think these would get you bounced):

1) The return address on the e-mail is different from the one you
used to register.
2) The -mail you send contains some html tags that the majordomo
system thinks is too weird to deal with.