About Dogeared Memberships

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Sun Sep 18 21:09:27 EDT 2005

Scot,

Life has been too fast and zany, lately, to reply until now...

I really do appreciate the lifetime membership. When things settle down,
here, I'll contribute more than I've been able to lately.

Thanks, bud. -Michael

At 03:15 PM 9/14/2005, you wrote:
>Folks,
>
>In the course of unrelated discussions, it has been pointed out to me that
>some folks on the ListServ can't see certain pages on Dogeared. This is
>because not all members of the ListServ are members of Dogeared, and many
>Dogeared pages require a member's logon and password.
>
>But there is no reason for anyone not to become a Dogeared member and
>receive a logon name and password. Here are three ways to become a
>Dogeared member:
>
>1) Join as a paying member, sending in $15 - $100.
>
>2) Ask for a complimentary membership, reserved for folks who genuinely
>can't pay and don't possess the resources to make editorial contributions.
>Folks receiving complimentary memberships are expected to contribute
>editorial when they can.
>
>3) Join as an editorial contributor (a new category I just made up) by
>sending in a bunch of info not already on Dogeared, conforming to
>Dogeared's policies: dust jacket images, text of dust jacket blurbs, or
>building on any of the many ongoing Dogeared projects. [I'll work on
>developing this idea.]
>
>By the way, folks who make editorial contributions Above & Beyond the Call
>of Duty are awarded (actually, they earn) life memberships.  You can see
>the names of these dozen Dogeared luminaries by going to the Membership
>Roster page  and scrolling to the bottom:
>
><http://www.dogeared.com/General/subscribers.html>http://www.dogeared.com/General/subscribers.html
>

>Scot Kamins

>"We must be the change we want to see in the world."  ~ Gandhi

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569
http://www.20ants.com

   books, individually and in lots,  specialties are non-fiction & literature
   Member: Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)