About Dogeared Memberships

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Sep 14 16:15:39 EDT 2005

Folks,

In the course of unrelated discussions, it has been pointed out to me
that some folks on the ListServ can't see certain pages on Dogeared.
This is because not all members of the ListServ are members of
Dogeared, and many Dogeared pages require a member's logon and password.

But there is no reason for anyone not to become a Dogeared member and
receive a logon name and password. Here are three ways to become a
Dogeared member:

1) Join as a paying member, sending in $15 - $100.

2) Ask for a complimentary membership, reserved for folks who
genuinely can't pay and don't possess the resources to make editorial
contributions. Folks receiving complimentary memberships are expected
to contribute editorial when they can.

3) Join as an editorial contributor (a new category I just made up)
by sending in a bunch of info not already on Dogeared, conforming to
Dogeared's policies: dust jacket images, text of dust jacket blurbs,
or building on any of the many ongoing Dogeared projects. [I'll work
on developing this idea.]

By the way, folks who make editorial contributions Above & Beyond the
Call of Duty are awarded (actually, they earn) life memberships.  You
can see the names of these dozen Dogeared luminaries by going to the
Membership Roster page  and scrolling to the bottom:

http://www.dogeared.com/General/subscribers.html