Other Series

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Sep 10 14:00:02 EDT 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 4:28 AM, J B Krygier wrote:

> Lucile is
>     a now obscure narrative poem written in 1860 by Lord Lytton,

Any relation to that masterful novelist, Edward George Bulwer-Lytton?

"It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents--except at
occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind
which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies),
rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame
of the lamps that struggled against the darkness."