"Replace That Collection!"

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Sep 9 12:22:35 EDT 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, Sharon wrote:

> Here's an idea for an alternative game.  It's called "Replace that
> Collection!"  At least two members of this list (and probably several
> more) have likely sustained major damage from Katrina to their houses
> and
> by extension their ML collections.  If someone were to privately
> contact
> these people and find out what has been lost, we could embark on a
> group
> project to help them replace the titles.  If everyone just provided
> one
> title, we could accumulate quite a few.  Of course, we'll have to
> wait a
> few weeks to start since books may not be at the top of people's needs
> for
> a while. All of us are probably giving money to the Red Cross or
> similar organizations, but this is a way to do something that is
> meaningful for this list, for dogeared members, or both.

Sharon,

Let me know when you're ready to launch this project. I'll be glad to
send an e-mail to the Dogeared membership list announcing the
project. (Many Dogeared members do not belong to this ListServ.) At
that time I'll also set up a special "attention" box at the top of
the Dogeared Home Page announcing the project for Dogeareed browsers
who are members of neither group.