Let's play 'Spot the Errors!"

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Sep 9 00:45:54 EDT 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 7:05 PM, Sharon Biederman wrote:

> Scot, John et al:
>
>     I looked at the auction and although it contains many mistakes,
> I do
> not think it was deliberately deceptive, unlike some other ML
> auctions.
> Being an individual who has been guilty of numerous typographical
> errors
> in my lifetime, I'm particularly uncomfortable with throwing stones in
> that area.

Oh, I'm not suggesting that there was any deliberate deception. And I
don't see any typos in the listing. I'm talking about absurd
statements that I see on eBay all the time - statements such as
"There's no copyright date, so I assume it's a first edition." I have
no patience with such blatant silliness.