Let's play 'Spot the Errors!"

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Thu Sep 8 22:05:20 EDT 2005

Scot, John et al:

    I looked at the auction and although it contains many mistakes, I do
not think it was deliberately deceptive, unlike some other ML auctions.
Being an individual who has been guilty of numerous typographical errors
in my lifetime, I'm particularly uncomfortable with throwing stones in
that area.

    Here's an idea for an alternative game.  It's called "Replace that
Collection!"  At least two members of this list (and probably several
more) have likely sustained major damage from Katrina to their houses and
by extension their ML collections.  If someone were to privately contact
these people and find out what has been lost, we could embark on a group
project to help them replace the titles.  If everyone just provided one
title, we could accumulate quite a few.  Of course, we'll have to wait a
few weeks to start since books may not be at the top of people's needs for
a while. All of us are probably giving money to the Red Cross or
similar organizations, but this is a way to do something that is
meaningful for this list, for dogeared members, or both.

                               Sharon