"Adopt An Author" Program

Joel Setzekorn joelsetz at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 25 21:28:05 EDT 2005

sounds like shades of fahrenheit 451 (the book people).

actually, if you divide the 435 authors by the number of potential 'author
adoptors', it should become 'adopt a bunch of authors'.

here is the bunch i'd support, only because i know them best and have an
admiration for them:

aristotle
bacon
bergson
camus
confucius
darwin
dewey
einstein
hume
kant
lao-tzu
mencken
mill
nietzsche
pater
plato
santayana
sartre
schopenhauer
spinoza
vidal

that's less than 5% of the authors.   if there are more than 20 adoptors,
i could certainly give up some and if there are fewer than 20 adoptors, i
could certainly find more.    my wife is into poetry, so she may be able
to do some also.

any deadlines on this (like maybe the end of the year)?    would there be
any sense in adopting catagories of authors?   mine are mostly
philosophers.

joel setzekorn

--
Rhymeandreasonbooks.com