College editions in the 50's?Hi folks,

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Oct 11 12:38:45 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I may have asked this before, but I didn't get a response so here it
is again.

Anyone have any info about the history of the ML College Editions? I
thought this series wasn't around until the 1980's, but evidently it
started sometime in the 1950's. Here's part of an e-mail I received
from a non-collector who was assembling a set of these because her
father worked on them:

"The set I have was all published in 1950/51.  The Numbers are all
T#s.  They started in alpha order (Balzac, Bronte, Butler), but the
editors obviously found that was a mistake after # 40 because we
start over w/ Bellamy at # 42.  My books, I have about 35, are all
light gray/beige paperback w/ different colored bands across the
spine & front w/ the author & title."

- Scot kamins
"What if this weren't a hypothetical question?"